[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] CentOS 7: Gluster Test Framework testcases failure

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Fri Sep 26 10:52:57 UTC 2014

On 26/09/2014, at 7:16 AM, Kiran Patil wrote:
<snip>
> Justin, Is CentOS 7 considered for regression testing or not ?
>
> How about Fedora 19/20, which one do you recommend ?

The only OS that I know for sure regression testing works on is
CentOS 6.5.

We _want_ regression testing to work on CentOS 7 and all recent
Fedora's, but I don't know that anyone has yet put serious time
into it. :(

For btrfs testing, we're going to have to, as CentOS 6.5 isn't
recent enough for that to work.

Please keep testing CentOS 7... if you have the time/inclination
to delve into fixing the failures.  Otherwise you'll probably
just get amazingly frustrated. :(  That being said, once you've
discovered and resolved all of the dependency issues, there might
not be that many failures after all. :)

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org