[Gluster-users] To GlusterFS or not...

Alexey Zilber alexeyzilber at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 14:31:12 UTC 2014

Yes, Roman is correct.   Also, if you have lots of random IO you're better
off with many smaller SAS drives.   This is because the greater number of
spindles you have the greater your random IO is.  This is also why we went
with ssd drives because sas drives weren't cutting it on the random io
front.

Another option you may try is using SAS drives with ZFS compression.
Compression will be especially helpful if you're using SATA drives.

-Alex