[Gluster-users] server X:Y has not responded in the last 42 seconds, disconnecting

Jocelyn Hotte jocelyn.hotte at ubisoft.com
Wed Sep 10 15:05:34 UTC 2014

Hello Gluster Community,
We're running Gluster v3.4.2, and we are experiencing problems with our current setup. We have a strong negative impact once in a while, and it is always joined with the following line in the mount logs:
server X:Y has not responded in the last 42 seconds, disconnecting

We have 6 nodes, all in 10gbps on a 10gbps switch.

What are the main causes of this problem?
Could it be the network load that prevents connection?
Is there a known bug?
Is there a use case that can lead up to this?

For us, this problem seems to happen randomly for now

Thank you

Jocelyn Hotte