[Gluster-users] 3.5 replication to local filesystem?

Danny Sauer danny at dannysauer.com
Wed Sep 10 13:13:21 UTC 2014

With the previous version of Gluster, I was able to use geo-replication to
asynchronously synchronize a gluster volume to a local directory.  My
application uses a large number of small files, and as everyone knows,
Gluster's not great for that.  But there are features that I need which
Gluster's good at, so this setup (two systems with a regular replicated-bricks
volume, and then three geo-replicated systems replicating to a local directory)
worked well.

With 3.5, though, I no longer seem to be able to just specify a local path to
replicate to; it seems to only want to accept a second volume.  The
documentation isn't quite complete on the new geo-replication, and I haven't
quite gotten a handle on the source code to just figure it out yet.  Has the
syntax changed in a way that I'm not properly guessing, or is this no longer
supported?

Thanks,
Danny