[Gluster-users] Split brain that is not split brain

Ilya Ivanov bearwere at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 06:05:46 UTC 2014

Ahh, thank you, now I get it. I deleted it on one node and it replicated to
another one. Now I get the following output:

[root at gluster1 var]# gluster volume heal gv01 info
Brick gluster1:/home/gluster/gv01/
<gfid:d3def9e1-c6d0-4b7d-a322-b5019305182e>
Number of entries: 1

Brick gluster2:/home/gluster/gv01/
Number of entries: 0

Is it normal? Why the number of entries isn't reset to 0?

And why wouldn't the file show up in split-brain before, anyway?

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 7:46 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com
> wrote:

> On 09/09/2014 01:54 AM, Ilya Ivanov wrote:
>
>  Hello.
>
>  I've Gluster 3.5.2 on Centos 6. A primitive replicated volume, as
> describe here
> <https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-create-a-redundant-storage-pool-using-glusterfs-on-ubuntu-servers>.
> I tried to simulate split-brain by temporarily disconnecting the nodes and
> creating a file with the same name and different contents. That worked.
>
>  The question is, how do I fix it now? All the tutorials suggest deleting
> the file from one of the nodes. I can't do that, it reports "Input/output
> error". The file won't even show up in "gluster volume heal gv00 info
> split-brain". That shows 0 entries.
>
> The deletion needs to happen on one of the bricks, not from the mount
> point.
>
> Pranith
>
>  I can see the file in "gluster volume heal gv00 info heal-failed",
> though.
>

>  --
> Ilya.

Ilya.