[Gluster-users] Split brain that is not split brain

Ilya Ivanov bearwere at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:24:06 UTC 2014

Hello.

I've Gluster 3.5.2 on Centos 6. A primitive replicated volume, as describe
here
<https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-create-a-redundant-storage-pool-using-glusterfs-on-ubuntu-servers>.
I tried to simulate split-brain by temporarily disconnecting the nodes and
creating a file with the same name and different contents. That worked.

The question is, how do I fix it now? All the tutorials suggest deleting
the file from one of the nodes. I can't do that, it reports "Input/output
error". The file won't even show up in "gluster volume heal gv00 info
split-brain". That shows 0 entries.
I can see the file in "gluster volume heal gv00 info heal-failed", though.

--
Ilya.