[Gluster-users] peer has no files

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 8 14:44:37 UTC 2014

I have a gluster 3.2.7 cluster with 51 peers and 3x replication. I've
had to replace several of the peers recently, I've done that one at a
time. Then I did a rebalance after replacing each peer. The last two
that I replaced don't have any files on them. I've rebalanced several
times  on the peers that were replaced and on others that were not
replaced.  Nothing is being stored on these 2 peers.

Running 'Gluster peer status' shows no problems. Neither does 'gluster
volume info'.  Both machines are listed in the peer list as connected
and they are listed as bricks.

So I am getting no error messages of any type, what's my problem? Well,
if these 2 peers have no files on them, thenmy cluster must be more
vulnerable to crashes.