[Gluster-users] Feedback and future plans for glusterfsiostat

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 03:26:15 UTC 2014

> This is is very cool.  As a thought, since I don't know the code
> at all, is could it do stuff for parts of a volume?
>
> For example in the server.py GUI a person could give a directory
> path inside a volume, and it would show the IO operations stats
> for just that path?

Are you looking for operations performed on a path provided or the
directory subtree under that path too?
io-stats maintains statistics of a few operations performed on file
along with the fd/inode. For directories, I don't see much statistics collected.
One big gap in io-stats is that there is no interface to peek at a small subset
of the entire statistics collected. I am wondering if we could use the
help of meta xlator to provide these interfaces.

~KP