[Gluster-users] noob: web server + file server

Eric Boo ericboo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 15:34:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

I need lots of space for my web-based application and decided that Glusterfs is the way to go.

As  a start, I was thinking of using my web server as a glusterfs server and another server with bigger space (call it Server B) to serve as a peer. Is this feasible or should I just set the web server as a peer and get Server B to be the glusterfs server?

Also, as my space requirements grow, before I add another node, I can increase the existing disk space of Server B.  When disk space is added, I can either resize the existing partition to use the free space, or create a new partition for the free space. I think it’s probably easier to create a new partition for the free space and then add it as another brick to glusterfs. Is this a good idea?

Thanks!

--
Eric Boo