[Gluster-users] complete f......p thanks to glusterfs...applause, you crashed weeks of work

Bencho Naut all at b1nch0.us.to
Tue Sep 2 13:12:41 UTC 2014

02.09.2014, 10:23, "Peter B." <pb at das-werkstatt.com>:
> I know it hurts to lose data, and I know it hurts if it seems that it's the fault of someone else's code/program. As FOSS developer it's often
> annoying that users don't do anything to make our lives easier: They don't help, they don't pay - they don't even say thank you in most cases.

THANK YOU, i guess in this case there is noone to blame, sometimes life's just crap and we have to accept (proprietary world problem), and really i don't know if "helping" to a certain extent helps really, in most projects we realized that you just need to defrag some dev's life (e.g. give 'em enough time and currency) and maybe send one or two people caring that everything is properly documented. Many FOSS projects are done completely fragmented, often by people who have one or more jobs and cant't invest more than some hours a day.
But in fact , most users can't help due to lack of understanding, you may ask 'em to do random things with your soft , or you just let them use it, they'll do random things anyway ;)

> But when *anything* fails them, there's suddenly lots of time to offload your frustration on the devs.
>... breeze to setup
it was a breeze to setup , yeah..
but in fact i'm used to many kinds of software, even crappier pieces...
but this time i can't just throw the hardware out of the window :m , also shocks help people to wake up

> However, for the sake of completeness, may I ask, how much you have supported/paid the developers at all in order to feel like having the right to insult them like this?
Really funny, there were several clients interested , but i don't sell stuff that's not 100% working ( yeah comeon, someone HAS to reply it's 100% working ;) )

> Enough troll-feeding for today.
if i wanted to troll you i would ask stupid simple questions from multiple mail adresses , just to slow down :P
we're on the same side , but sometimes i forget myself ;)

Regards