[Gluster-users] hekafs.org is not accessible

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 15:55:11 UTC 2014

> The links on
> http://gluster.org/documentation/architecture/internals/Dougw:A_Newbie%27s_Guide_to_Gluster_Internals/
> pointing to Jeff's tutorials on hekafs.org seem to be broken. Perhaps
> they are mirrored somewhere else?

When I saw that the domain was going to expire a few months ago, I tried to find out if anyone at Red Hat would be interested in taking it over.  Nobody seemed to be, so I let it lapse.  Now it's in a state where the domain registrars wouldn't even let me revive.  Meanwhile, the files are all still accessible two ways:

(1) Modify the URL to point to //pl.atyp.us/hekafs.org/... instead

(2) Modify your /etc/hosts to have an entry for hekafs.org which is the same as pl.atyp.us (currently 162.243.99.140)

With method (1) any secondary URLs e.g. for images are likely to be broken.  With method (2) everything should be just as it would be if the domain were still alive.