[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Dependency issue while installing glusterfs-3.6beta with vdsm

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Thu Oct 30 17:50:49 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-30 14:52, Kaleb KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 10/30/2014 04:36 AM, Anders Blomdell wrote:
>>
>> I think a compat package would make the coupling between server and client
>> looser, (i.e. one could run old clients on the same machine as a new server).
>>
>> Due to limited time and dependency on qemu on some of my testing machines, I
>> still have not been able to test 3.6.0beta3. A -compat package would have helped
>> me a lot (but maybe given you more bugs to fix :-)).
>
> Hi,
>
> Here's an experimental respin of 3.6.0beta3 with a -compat RPM.
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=7981431
>
> Please let us know how it works. The 3.6 release is coming very soon and if this works we'd like to include it in our Fedora and EPEL packages.
Nope, does not work, since the running usr/lib/rpm/find-provides
(or /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/find-provides) on the symlink does not
yield the proper provides [which for my system should be
"libgfapi.so.0()(64bit)"]. So no cigar :-(

Have you checked my more heavyhanded http://review.gluster.org/9014 ?

/Anders

Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden