[Gluster-users] Recomended underlying filesystem

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Oct 30 11:27:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 11:35:49 -0000
John Hearns <John.Hearns at viglen.co.uk> wrote:
<snip>
> Gluster on ZFS is of course very interesting.
> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterOnZFS
>
> I guess this must get discussed here a lot!
> Anyone care to comment on the roadmap for this?

As far as I understand, it's not possible to legally add ZFS to Linux
and then distribute it.  So, places are ok to do it themselves for their
own purposes, but it's not something that a support company could
provide to their end users then support.

So, GlusterFS with ZFS on Linux isn't as widespread as it otherwise
might be. People have been looking into GlusterFS on BtrFS as the
new-upcoming ZFS kinda-equivalent, but there's nothing even close to
official yet. :/

Does that help? :)

+ Justin

--