[Gluster-users] Can we know fileSystem event from GlusterFS ?

Prashanth Pai ppai at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 05:08:35 UTC 2014

GlusterFS has changelog feature. More information can be found here:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/features/geo-replication/libgfchangelog.md

However, changelog logs GFID (unique id of a file) and not the path name. Here are some pointers on how to get file path from GFID: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/debugging/gfid-to-path.md

Another way is to use inotify on brick mounts. inotify has it's own limitations of being not scalable and not being recursive. If you're lucky you might find some user space libraries that do implement recursive monitoring, which is a little tricky and prone to race conditions.
http://lwn.net/Articles/605128/

Regards,
 -Prashanth Pai