[Gluster-users] RHEL6.6 provides Gluster 3.6.0-28.2 ?

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 08:27:49 UTC 2014

I actually managed to remove all the conflicted packages using rpm --erase
--nodeps (in case it helps someone). This is what worked for me:

rpm --erase --nodeps augeas-libs glusterfs glusterfs-api glusterfs-fuse
glusterfs-libs glusterfs-rdma libsmbclient samba samba-client samba-common
samba-winbind samba-winbind-clients
(This saves /etc/samba/smb.conf.rpmsave)
yum install augeas-libs glusterfs glusterfs-api glusterfs-fuse
glusterfs-libs glusterfs-rdma libsmbclient samba samba-client samba-common
samba-winbind samba-winbind-clients
cp /etc/samba/smb.conf /etc/samba/smb.conf.bkp
cp /etc/samba/smb.conf.rpmsave /etc/samba/smb.conf

This seems to be working all right, although I haven't tested this much yet.