[Gluster-users] Is it ok to add a new brick with files already on it?

SINCOCK John J.Sincock at fugro.com
Wed Oct 15 23:27:51 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

All the instructions I've been able to find on adding a brick to a
gluster, seem to assume the brick is empty when it's added.

So my question is, is it possible for a new brick, loaded up with files,
to be added to a gluster (and for all the files already on that brick,
to be indexed and added into the gluster). Apologies if the question is
answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find anyone addressing this specific
question, and certainty helps when you're dealing with 10's of terabytes
of data... ;-)

Thanks in advance for any info or tips!