[Gluster-users] replaceing bricks from a cluster with replication

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 9 20:30:53 UTC 2014

How can I replace machines in a gluster cluster with triple replication?
I've had crashes and I've replaces single machines before but always
with one with the same name. Now I need to take machine1, machine2, and
machine3 out of the cluster and replace it with machineA, machineB, and
machineC.

Gluster will not let me detach machine1 all by itself. I have to detach
  machine1, machine2, and machine3 all at the same time. But is that
going to cause data loss?

It seems to me that detaching all 3 machines in a brick on a triple
replicated cluster would be like removing a single brick from a
non-replicated cluster. And you can lose data in that case, right?