[Gluster-users] Hosed installation

Ryan Nix ryan.nix at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:56:26 UTC 2014

Hello,

I seem to have hosed my installation while trying to replace a failed
brick.  The instructions for replacing the brick with a different host
name/IP on the Gluster site are no longer available so I used the
instructions from the Redhat Storage class that I attended last week, which
assumed the replacement had the same host name.

http://community.gluster.org/q/a-replica-node-has-failed-completely-and-must-be-replaced-with-new-empty-hardware-how-do-i-add-the-new-hardware-and-bricks-back-into-the-replica-pair-and-begin-the-healing-process/

It seems the working brick (I had two servers with simple replication only)
will not release the DNS entry of the failed brick.

Is there any way to simply reset Gluster completely?

Just to confirm, if I delete the volume so I can start over, deleting the
volume will not delete the data.  Is this correct?  Finally, once the
volume is deleted, do I have to do what Joe Julian recommended here?
http://joejulian.name/blog/glusterfs-path-or-a-prefix-of-it-is-already-part-of-a-volume/

Thanks for any insights.

- Ryan