[Gluster-users] Anyone willing to help out with GlusterFS infrastructure?

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Fri Oct 3 15:17:44 UTC 2014

On 03/10/2014, at 1:21 AM, Michael DePaulo wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Justin Clift <justin at gluster.org> wrote:
>> As a thought, we have a bunch of VM's and similar online for GlusterFS,
>> running regression tests, our git repos, the main website, and so on.
>>
>> It's interesting stuff sometimes, and other times a bit of a time kill... ;)
>>
>> Is anyone out there with a bit of time occasionally to help out, keeping
>> this stuff running, helping keep the website updated, and so on?
>>
>> Note - asking for ongoing volunteers, NOT looking for people wanting a
>> paid job. :)
> [...]
>
> I'm interested.
>
> My day job is that I'm a sysadmin in support of software developers.
>
> In my free time, I contribute to the X2Go project. In addition to
> writing the actual X2Go code, I've been helping them with their build
> infrastructure, build scripts, wiki (main website), etc.

Cool. :)

We have a Gluster Infrastructure mailing list here:

Would you be ok to add yourself to that?  There is a bunch of stuff under
way, but none of it is very well organised atm, and some of it's progressing
super slow. :/

As a first thought, do you have any skill (or interest) in Gerrit, Jenkins,
or MediaWiki?  (X2Go seems to run a different wiki flavour, so unsure)

Actually, we should probably discuss this through the gluster-infra mailing
list.  Jump on there and we'll start doing stuff through that. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org