[Gluster-users] Unable to add brick from new fresh installed server into upgraded cluster

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:53:53 UTC 2014

JF is correct. You'll need to bump up the operating version
(op-version) to the latest. There have been changes to add-brick and
the following heal, rebalance etc. which require that all servers be
at an operating-version greater than or equal to the operating-version
level introduced in v3.6, 30600.
The upgrade process will not bump up the operating version of the
cluster automatically, because we do not want to break clusters in
between upgrades of two nodes. Once you have upgraded all the nodes in
the cluster, you can use 'gluster volume set all cluster.op-version
30600' to bump it up. This could have been done automatically, but we
don't as automatically doing it could cause older clients to break
because of newer features being enabled.

~kaushal