[Gluster-users] Gluster as NFS storage for Virtualization

MySystem 365 mysystem365 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 08:36:09 UTC 2014

We would like to configure gluster as the storage for our virtualization
environment. We have shallow understanding of how gluster support
replication in virtualization environment where VM image file are usually
Gigabytes to Terabytes in size.

How does gluster work for replication, at file-level or block level? In
virtualization environment VMs are constantly writing something to the
image, if gluster replication is at file-level it will mean the whole image
file get replicated every time.

Could someone advise, please?

Jack Marc