[Gluster-users] Sparse Files and Heal

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Sat Nov 22 07:24:48 UTC 2014

On 11/22/2014 12:37 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 12:20:42 PM you wrote:
>> Lindsay,
>>      Was the brick running when you deleted this file? Because as long as the
>> brick is running the VM image file would still be open, so the healing
>> won't happen properly.
>
> Yes it was still running - dumb ass move on my part really :)
Lindsay,
       You said, you restored it from some backup. How did you do that?
If you copy the VM image from back up to the location where you deleted
it from on the brick directly. Then the VM hypervisor still doesn't
write to the new file that is copied. Basically we need to make the
mount close old fd that was opened on the VM(now deleted on one of the
bricks).

Pranith