[Gluster-users] v3.6.1 vs v3.5.2 self heal - help (Nagios related)

Anuradha Talur atalur at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 06:01:45 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

In 3.6.1 the way heal info command works is different from that in 3.5.2. In 3.6.1, it is self-heal daemon that gathers the entries that might need healing. Currently, in 3.6.1, there isn't a method to distinguish between a file that is being healed and a file with on-going I/O while listing. Hence you see files with normal operation too listed in the output of heal info command.
> Thank you,
>
> --
> -Vince Loschiavo
>

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Humble Devassy Chirammal <
> humble.devassy at gmail.com > wrote:
>

> Hi Gopu,
>
> Awesome !!
>
> We can have a Gluster blog about this implementation.
>
> --Humble
>

> --Humble
>

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Gopu Krishnan < gopukrishnantec at gmail.com >
> wrote:
>

> Thanks for all your help... I was able to configure nagios using the
> glusterfs plugin. Following link shows how I configured it. Hope it helps
> someone else.:
>
> http://gopukrish.wordpress.com/2014/11/16/monitor-glusterfs-using-nagios-plugin/
>
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Humble Devassy Chirammal <
> humble.devassy at gmail.com > wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Please look at this thread
> http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users.old/2014-June/017819.html
>
> Btw, if you are around, we have a talk on same topic in upcoming GlusterFS
> India meetup.
>
> Details can be fetched from:
> http://www.meetup.com/glusterfs-India/
>
> --Humble
>
> --Humble
>

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Gopu Krishnan < gopukrishnantec at gmail.com >
> wrote:
>

> How can we monitor the glusters and alert us if something happened wrong. I
> found some nagios plugins and didn't work until this time. I am still
> experimenting with those. Any suggestions would be much helpful

Thanks,
Anuradha.