[Gluster-users] Glusterfs Iptbale confusion

gauri Desai gauridesai719 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 17:57:15 UTC 2014

Hello list,

 Q1 )  I had a confusion in which iptable ports should be open  while
running GlusterFS 3.6.1 on centOS 6.5.
I know that ports 24007, 24008 ,111(tcp + udp) should be open but for the
bricks across all volumes should the ports  49152+(number of bricks across
all volumes) should be open or should 24009+(number of bricks across all
volumes)shuld be open. I know that the iptables rules are different for
Glusterfs versions above 3.4.

Q2) Also I am using 4 servers and one client to make a distributed
replicated storage suing Glusterfs. From ever server I have sued one brick
and thus the storage mounted on the client has 4 bricks . According to this
should i keep ports
49152 - 49153 open on every server or 49151-49155 open on every server.(i
am using just one brick on every server for the storage)

Would be great if you all could help

Thanks,
Gauri

·