[Gluster-users] Stupid question re multiple networks

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Fri Nov 14 15:33:34 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-14 16:03, Jeff Darcy wrote:
>> What if the gluster servers are also clients? I locally plan to use
>> a number of servers acting as gluster and VM servers, so that gluster serves
>> both the VM's and other clients.
>
> I think that fits fairly well into this paradigm.  Note that the routing of
> traffic is by *type* (e.g. user I/O, rebalance) rather than by destination.
> By default, everything's on the same network, so things would work just as
> now.  If you want, you can redirect user I/O over one network and internal
> traffic over another, even if the machines are both clients and servers.
Exactly, and I want the user I/O for the VM's to go over the same network
as the internal traffic (higher capacity), this can of course be solved with
separate gluster volumes (which might be necessary since I might need different
translators and access rights for different clients). Might well be that this
is better handled with specific routing entries on the servers (not very many, so
its manageable).

/Anders

Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden