[Gluster-users] Glusterfs backlogs

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Nov 13 20:46:34 UTC 2014

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 00:22:56 +0530
Lalatendu Mohanty <lmohanty at redhat.com> wrote:
<snip>
> +1 to the idea of closing a bug if we dont get required information
> in a stipulated time frame. However I would suggest a more lenient
> time frame i.e. at least 4 weeks. That gives ample time for the
> reporter to respond. I think 4 weeks are enough even if someone goes
> for a vacation after filing the bug :)

Completely understand where you're coming from with that... :)

In practise (not in BZ, but many other similar situations) giving much
longer than a few days seems to have not much positive effect.

If we remind people _soon_ (just a few days), then there's a decent
chance their systems will be setup the same, and they'll be able to
collect the info we've asked for.

If we leave it much longer though, it's most likely the systems
won't be in the state needed, so the reporter would have to set them
up again + replicate the problem (time consuming, often people don't
bother).

If someone is on holiday and closes an issue, they're completely
welcome to re-open it. (we should make that clear in the message we
leave when closing it, so they don't get offended)

But, up to you guys. ;)

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org