[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Glusterfs backlogs

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 11:43:15 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 04:31:38PM +0530, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> Folks,
>
> While I was looking into glusterd backlogs I could see there are few BZs
> which were marked as "needinfo" on the reporter as the information was
> not sufficient enough for further analysis and the reporter hasn't
> gotten back with the required details.
>
> Ideally we should close these bugs saying inadequate information,
> however I am just wondering should we set a timeline for the waiting
> period like 1 or 2 weeks if not more and then close all such instances
> to reduce the count.
>
> What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me. I do not care much about the 1 or 2 weeks, lets see
if others have an opinion about it.

When you have some reactions, could you add a paragraph to the Bug
Triage guidelines [1] about this? It would be good to have a link in
there that lists bugs in NEW status, have a NEEDINFO set and their last
update was X weeks ago.

Thanks,
Niels

1. http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Bug_triage