[Gluster-users] disperse configuration example

Xavier Hernandez xhernandez at datalab.es
Wed Nov 12 09:09:06 UTC 2014

Hi Pedro,

you can create a dispersed volume with 3 bricks and 1 of redundancy (or
parity, like in RAID5) using the following command:

gluster volume create <volname> disperse 3 redundancy 1 <brick1>
<brick2> <brick3>

A RAID6-like configuration would use 2 as a redundancy value, and at
least 5 bricks are needed.

The number of bricks must be always greater than 2 times the redundancy.

Xavi