[Gluster-users] glusterfs-server 3.6 rpm package

Mr. John J. Hoffman jhoffman at afrl.hpc.mil
Wed Nov 5 14:48:04 UTC 2014

Mario,

The Gluster has made it upstream into the RHEL/CentOS release with
version 3.6.

You'll notice the location in the yum update command, the 3.6 will come
from base or update, while the 3.5.2 will come from glusterfs-epel

Your choice is to either for add an exclude=glusterfs* to the
CentOS-Base.repo file under the [updates] section or add enabled=0 to
the  glusterfs-epel.repo file

John

On 11/05/14 06:46, Mario Benincasa wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I just wanted to test the new 3.6 gluster suite and I immediately
> encountered a problem:
> it appears that the glusterfs-server package is only available as 3.5.2
> release, while all the other packages are available as 3.6.0 release
> (see output of "yum list glusterfs*" below).
> I'm running Centos 6.5 and I'm using the glusterfs repositories (see
> output of "yum repolist" below).
> I'm missing the init scripts to start and stop the gluster service.
>
> After two days of searching and googling I didn't get through, and thus
> I'm calling for help!
> Is there a reason for this? Is there a way around? Shall I recompile
> from sources?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any hint!
>
>        Mario
>

> -------------------------------------
>
> # yum list glusterfs*
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
>   * base: centos.fastbull.org <http://centos.fastbull.org>
>   * extras: centos.fastbull.org <http://centos.fastbull.org>
>   * rpmforge: mir01.syntis.net <http://mir01.syntis.net>
>   * updates: centos.fastbull.org <http://centos.fastbull.org>
> Installed Packages
> glusterfs.x86_64                       3.6.0.29-2.el6      @updates
> glusterfs-api.x86_64                   3.6.0.29-2.el6      @updates
> glusterfs-cli.x86_64                   3.6.0.29-2.el6      @updates
> glusterfs-fuse.x86_64                  3.6.0.29-2.el6      @updates
> glusterfs-libs.x86_64                  3.6.0.29-2.el6      @updates
> Available Packages
> glusterfs-api-devel.x86_64             3.6.0.29-2.el6      updates
> glusterfs-debuginfo.x86_64             3.5.2-1.el6         glusterfs-epel
> glusterfs-devel.x86_64                 3.6.0.29-2.el6      updates
> glusterfs-extra-xlators.x86_64         3.5.2-1.el6         glusterfs-epel
> glusterfs-geo-replication.x86_64       3.5.2-1.el6         glusterfs-epel
> glusterfs-rdma.x86_64                  3.6.0.29-2.el6      updates
> glusterfs-regression-tests.x86_64      3.5.2-1.el6         glusterfs-epel
> glusterfs-resource-agents.noarch       3.5.2-1.el6
> glusterfs-noarch-epel
> glusterfs-server.x86_64                3.5.2-1.el6         glusterfs-epel
>

> # yum repolist
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
>   * base: centos.fastbull.org <http://centos.fastbull.org>
>   * extras: centos.fastbull.org <http://centos.fastbull.org>
>   * rpmforge: mir01.syntis.net <http://mir01.syntis.net>
>   * updates: centos.fastbull.org <http://centos.fastbull.org>
> repo id               repo
> name                                           status
> base                  CentOS-6 -
> Base                                     6,518
> extras                CentOS-6 -
> Extras                                      35
> glusterfs-epel        GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of
> sca    13
> [...]

John J. Hoffman, CISSP
Computer Engineer, AFRL/RCMI
AFRL DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC)
Air Force Research Laboratory
2435 Fifth Street
Area B, Bldg 676, Rm 205
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433-7802
john.hoffman at wpafb.af.mil
jhoffman at afrl.hpc.mil
(937) 904-5129

Caution: This message may contain competitive, sensitive or other
non-public information not intended for disclosure outside official
government channels. Do not disseminate this message without the
approval of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for
Acquisition. If you received this message in error, please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.