[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Please test GlusterFS 3.6.0 beta3 on OSX!

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Wed Nov 5 03:47:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 20:10:56 +0100
Dennis Schafroth <dennis at schafroth.dk> wrote:

> Ok, that could explain it. The two servers are a mix of ext4 and
> btrfs.
>
> Have anybody been successful running servers on OS X, using which
> file system?

Just had a chance to update the OSX formula for 3.6.0 release tarball:

  https://github.com/justinclift/homebrew/blob/glusterfs360/Library/Formula/glusterfs.rb

This one correctly puts the log files under $HOMEBREW/var/log/<etc>.

But, on the OSX 10.8 box I just compiled it on, glusterd just
segfaults.  Launched it using:

  $ sudo launchctl start org.gluster.glusterd

Crash report here if that's interesting:

  http://mirror.salasaga.org/gluster/glusterfsd_2014-11-04-222801_Mac-mini.crash.txt
  (it's not very long)

Harsha & Kaleb, this OSX box is the Mac Mini in the Westford lab, if
you want to ssh in and take a look.

It's completely possible I've mucked something up on the box and it's
all my fault.  Just saying. ;)

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org