[Gluster-users] Question re Gluster peers , replication and redundancy

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 04:16:08 UTC 2014

Couple of questions:

I have a gluster volume with two peers, 1 brick per peers, replication 2

The client is mounted via fuse using a vol file like this:

volume remote1
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp
  option remote-host vnb.proxmox.softlog
  option remote-subvolume /mnt/data1/datastore1
end-volume

volume remote2
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp
  option remote-host vng.proxmox.softlog
  option remote-subvolume /mnt/data1/datastore1
end-volume

volume replicate
  type cluster/replicate
  subvolumes remote1 remote2
end-volume

volume writebehind
  type performance/write-behind
  option window-size 1MB
  subvolumes replicate
end-volume

volume cache
  type performance/io-cache
  option cache-size 512MB
  subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

If one of the peers (vnb or vng) goes down, the volume should still be
available for reads and writes? thats my understanding of the reduncancy
setup.

If I add a third peer (vnt.proxmox.softlog) that doesn't supply any bricks,
does it help with the monitoring & quorum? or is it pointless?

thanks,

--
Lindsay