[Gluster-users] gluster 3.4 self-heal

Adrian Kan adriankan at rogers.com
Wed May 28 10:21:11 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to know if we should be using "full" for self-heal algorithm rather
than "diff" for storing large files especially for VM images?
I've tried healing a 100gb image by having one of the node to go down for a
few minutes and bring it back up.  The self-heal is in progress with one of
the node's CPU going up to 100% at all time for over 12 hours and
continuing.  I'm wondering if it is syncing anything or not.  If I use
"full", I don't get such an issue and the self-heal would complete in just
about 10 minutes.

Thanks,

Adrian