[Gluster-users] Fwd: Apache Module mod_proxy_gluster not run

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue May 27 14:13:18 UTC 2014

Hello Zhen Dong Hui!

Begin forwarded message:
> From: Zhen Dong Hui <hzdtony at gmail.com>
> Subject: Apache Module mod_proxy_gluster not run
> Date: 27 May 2014 8:44:21 AM GMT+01:00
> To: forge-admin at gluster.org
>
> Dear
>
>          I have an glusterfs environment,it have 3 node. Use glusterfs
>          3.5qa2 version,running all going well. I now take use  apache
>          via  mode_proxy_gluster mode to access gluster volume. Apache
>          environment have installed.

Note that the mod_proxy_gluster is not ready for production is yet. It
is not even clear if there is a real advantage of using it instead of
a fuse- or nfs-mount.

That said, Im glad to hear you are interested, and I'll try to help you
testing it.

> When I access Apache,it thorw a error as follow:
>
>        proxy: Failed to connect to Gluster returned by /download

This sounds as if the apache server does not have permissions to access
glusterd or the glusterfsd (brick) processes. Please make sure so verify
the following settings:

1. Allow non-root users to connect to glusterd
   In /etc/glusterfs/glusterd.vol add this option:

       option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on

   Restart the glusterd service after making this change.

2. Allow non-root users to connect to the bricks in the volume, the example
   below uses the volume called bigfiles

       # gluster volume set bigfiles server.allow-insecure on

   Note:
   Some versions of Gluster require the volume to be stopped and started
   after changing server.allow-insecure. Gluster 3.6 and newer should not
   need that.

       # gluster volume stop bigfiles
       # gluster volume start bigfiles

(from https://forge.gluster.org/mod_proxy_gluster/mod_proxy_gluster/blobs/master/README )

Please let me know if this make it work for you. Thanks,
Niels