[Gluster-users] Gluster FS 3.4 unusual error messages

Anand Kumria akumria at gmail.com
Sun May 25 14:18:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've recently had a "glusterfs event", where the gluster cluster stopped
responding.

>From what I can determine two combined events occurred:
 - one of the brick node had been restarted, but failed to actually come up
 - of the two remaining brick nodes, one appeared to develop xfs related
errors.

I did a 'gluster volume heal gv0 full' but I'm 100% sure if things are back
to normal now.

I have some messages in the log files, do these indicate further issues /
problems to be looked at?

glusterFS[2189]: [2014-05-23 03:20:53.931282] C
[glusterd-op-sm.c:3648:glusterd_op_txn_complete] 0-management: Unable
to clear local lock, ret: -1

Also, I see Gluster 3.5 has been released (but no version for i386 on
Debian?), having never done an upgrade is it safe to upgrade each node
one-by-one or should then be done in a particular order or ... ?

Thanks,
Anand

--
“Don’t be sad because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss