[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] User-serviceable snapshots design

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Thu May 8 19:40:55 UTC 2014

 No graph changes either on client side or server side. The
> snap-view-server will detect availability of new snapshot from
> glusterd, and will spin up a new glfs_t for the corresponding snap,
> and start returning new list of "names" in readdir(), etc.

I asked if we were dynamically changing the client graph to add new
protocol/client instances.  Here is Varun's answer.

> Adding a protocol/client instance to connect to protocol/server at the
> daemon.

Apparently the addition he mentions wasn't the kind I was asking about,
but something that only occurs at normal volfile-generation time.  Is
that correct?

> No volfile/graph changes at all. Creation/removal of snapshots is
> handled in the form of a dynamic list of glfs_t's on the server side.

So we still have dynamically added graphs, but they're wrapped up in
GFAPI objects?  Let's be sure to capture that nuance in v2 of the spec.