[Gluster-users] Repeated file stats to non-existent files causing gluster to consume excessive bandwidth.

max murphy max.murphy at gmail.com
Wed May 7 00:08:41 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am currently using gluster replication to share a common filesystem
across multiple nodes. Part of my application is a directory watcher that
will end up doing a stat on a glob of file patterns. What I am seeing is
that gluster will start using roughly 300kBps per watched pattern. Will
gluster ever back off, or continue to try and force consistency even though
there are no files?

Here's a small bit of bash that will repro this:

for i in {1..1000}; do stat /path/to/files/that/do/not/*.exist; sleep 2;
done

Thanks!

-Max Murphy