[Gluster-users] du time on bricks vs mounted glusterfs via fuse

Gavin Henry ghenry at surevoip.co.uk
Tue May 6 20:17:44 UTC 2014

Hi all,

We use glusterfs with our SIP cluster for hosted SIP endpoints/phones.
This is set up in replicated mode for lua scripts, voicemails (wav
files), faxes (PDF's/tiffs) and call recordings (wav/mp3). We're
trying to find more information on the time differences between a "du"
on a brick, i.e. direct filesystem vs a "du" on a mounted export:

box1 # time /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_subdirectory_size
/opt/surevoip/recordings/
WARNING: blah size is 34126MB

real 0m20.788s
user 0m0.178s
sys 0m0.559s

box2 # time /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_subdirectory_size
/data/glusterfs/surevoip/brick1/brick/recordings/
WARNING: blah size is 34195MB

real 0m0.577s
user 0m0.074s
sys 0m0.161s

Can anyone point me to the right documentation to read?

Thanks,

Gavin.

--
Kind Regards,