[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] OS X porting merged

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sun May 4 13:14:03 UTC 2014

On 04/05/2014, at 6:07 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
<snip>
> Slightly OT, what would it take to setup a jenkins integration for Mac? We seem to be getting close to a NetBSD integration and having one for Mac would be cool too.

Good question.  I haven't looked at the Jenkins integration part
yet in my regression test evolution.  (soon)

At the very least we'd need:

a) an available Mac online, preferably with each of the major OSX
releases available to it.  That could be run by running OSX
Server, with each of the OS releases.

b) We also need some way for this Mac and Jenkins to communicate.

For a), we can probably use the Libvirt Lab Mac since it's unused
for other things.  We'll need to upgrade the ram in it from 2G
though. (shouldn't be hard)  We'll also need to install OSX Server
which hopefully won't be too hard.

For b), I'm not sure yet.  Might have to do get the Mac moved into
a DMZ.  Or we could get the Mac to initiate connection to Jenkins
via cronjob or something to query for any new job to run.

Thoughts welcome. :)

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat