[Gluster-users] cgroup config for glusterfsd in gluster 3.5?

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Mon Mar 31 11:04:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

I had recent comment from Giuseppe on my post about gluster cgroups [1],
and also I heard some interesting things at a recent meetup around recent
progressions with systemd along with gluster etc.

Comment:
" I've noted that latest GlusterFS 3.5.0 nightly packages do not include
(nor use) the /etc/sysconfig/glusterfsd file anymore.
Should we deduce that the glusterd hierarchy/settings now controls both? "

I haven't had the time to look into 3.5, so now does the glusterd process
control glusterfsd as well? Or would this cgroup method no longer work.

[1]
http://www.andrewklau.com/controlling-glusterfsd-cpu-outbreaks-with-cgroups/