[Gluster-users] deleted files directly in distribute brick

Bruce Spidel bruce.spidel at joinkllc.com
Thu Mar 27 20:29:54 UTC 2014

In a moment of insanity I deleted a few hundred files in a gluster brick
(30TB of 133TB) which is part of a distribute volume. I want these files
deleted. but did not do it through the client. The volume is reporting a
size as if they are still there. The files in .glusterfs are still there
and I don't know which ones to delete.

I think the data was linked from the primary directories and the .glusterfs
directories and when I deleted the files from the primary directories the
data did not delete because of the links in .glusterfs.

Is it survivable to delete all of .glusterfs in one or all bricks and hope
that gluster will repair it?

Bruce
Joink LLC
812-231-7078