[Gluster-users] How to setup round-robin distribute replicate?

Prasad, Nirmal nprasad at idirect.net
Sat Mar 22 15:32:08 UTC 2014

Played around with the /var/lib/glusterd/vols/gl_disk /gl_disk-fuse.vol using rr and alu schedulers.

Seems like this is the side effect of the default DHT. In my set of files - the filename gets hashed to a single node and the brick fills up. The files start small and they will grow later so I don't really want many of them on a single node.

I do have control to name them differently or structure the layout.  Reads are the ones that are important so the DHT is good to have as opposed to sending lookups to many bricks.

Is gaming the DHT the only option?