[Gluster-users] missing dependency on glusterfs-??.rpm

Ted Miller tmiller at hcjb.org
Fri Mar 14 00:23:37 UTC 2014

I actually copied it from an oVirt node, where they get it from. Content of
the  /etc/yum.repos.d/glusterfs-epel.repo file is:

# Place this file in your /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory

[glusterfs-epel]

name=GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of scaling to several petabytes.

baseurl=http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/EPEL.repo/epel-$releasever/$basearch/

enabled=1

skip_if_unavailable=1

gpgcheck=0

[glusterfs-noarch-epel]

name=GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of scaling to several petabytes.

baseurl=http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/EPEL.repo/epel-$releasever/noarch

enabled=1

skip_if_unavailable=1

gpgcheck=0

[glusterfs-source-epel]

name=GlusterFS is a clustered file-system capable of scaling to several petabytes. - Source

baseurl=http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/EPEL.repo/epel-$releasever/SRPMS

enabled=0

skip_if_unavailable=1

gpgcheck=0

One of the reasons I chose that file is because I was extending a replica 3
volume on the ovirt nodes to a 4th (non-ovirt) node.

"yum list gluster*" now spits back

# yum list gluster*

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto

  * base: centos.mirror.nac.net

  * extras: mirror.cs.uwp.edu

  * updates: mirror.cs.vt.edu

Installed Packages

glusterfs.x86_64                   3.4.2-1.el6   @glusterfs-epel

glusterfs-cli.x86_64               3.4.2-1.el6   @glusterfs-epel

glusterfs-fuse.x86_64              3.4.2-1.el6   @glusterfs-epel

glusterfs-libs.x86_64              3.4.2-1.el6   @glusterfs-epel

glusterfs-server.x86_64            3.4.2-1.el6   @glusterfs-epel
Available Packages

glusterfs-api.x86_64               3.4.2-1.el6   glusterfs-epel

glusterfs-api-devel.x86_64         3.4.2-1.el6   glusterfs-epel

glusterfs-debuginfo.x86_64         3.4.2-1.el6   glusterfs-epel

glusterfs-devel.x86_64             3.4.2-1.el6   glusterfs-epel
glusterfs-geo-replication.x86_64   3.4.2-1.el6   glusterfs-epel

glusterfs-rdma.x86_64              3.4.2-1.el6   glusterfs-epel

glusterfs-resource-agents.noarch   3.4.2-1.el6   glusterfs-noarch-epel

On 3/13/2014 7:44 PM, Carlos Capriotti wrote:
> What link did you use to fetch your .repo file ?
>

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:27 PM, Ted Miller <tmiller at hcjb.org
> <mailto:tmiller at hcjb.org>> wrote:
>
>     Sequence of events:
>
>     spun up new Centos 6.5 VM
>     yum -y update
>     yum install glusterfs
>     this installed gluster 3.4.0
>
>     find out there is no gluster-server package in CentOS repos.
>
>     added glusterfs-epel, glusterfs-noarch-epel
>
>     yum -y install gluster-server
>
>     service glusterd start       [*FAILED*]
>
>     yum list gluster*
>     note that all gluster* packages were updated to 3.4.2 /except/ yum
>     update glusterfs-libs
>
>     yum update glusterfs-libs
>
>     service glusterd start       [*OK *]
>
>     Ted Miller
>     Elkhart, IN

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." - - Jim Elliot
For more information about Jim Elliot and his unusual life, see http://www.christianliteratureandliving.com/march2003/carolyn.html.

Ted Miller
Design Engineer
HCJB Global Technology Center, a ministry of Reach Beyond
2830 South 17th St
Elkhart, IN  46517
574--970-4272 my desk
574--970-4252 receptionist