[Gluster-users] Problems with .gluster structure - bad symlinks

Shawn Heisey gluster at elyograg.org
Sun Mar 9 16:39:24 UTC 2014

On 3/8/2014 7:45 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> cat:
> /bricks/d00v00/mdfs/.glusterfs/65/30/6530ce82-310d-4c7c-8d14-135655328a77:
> Too many levels of symbolic links
>
> What do I need to do to fix this problem?  Is there something I can do
> for each of the bad symlinks?  Would a 'heal full' do anything useful?
> Do I need to do something more drastic, like take the volume down and
> entirely remove (or rename) the .glusterfs structure from all 32 bricks
> (16x2 distributed-replicate)?  I don't want to cause myself more
> problems, but I want to get the volume in a completely pristine state
> and NOT risk losing any of the 52 terabytes of data that's in the volume.

Some additional info:

http://fpaste.org/83806/43825451/

This is from nfs.log on the server that all my clients contact for NFS
mounts.  It is peered with the other servers, but has no bricks.

So far I have determined the following about my bricks:

* There are no stray directories under .glusterfs/??/??/
* There is nothing remaining with nonzero trusted.afr* attributes
* There *are* broken symlinks (too many levels)

I will run another check to make sure there are no files with one
hardlink outside of the indices directory.  I will also check for files
that have more than two hardlinks.  I do not use hardlinks in my data,
so I think that this should never happen.

Is there anything else I can look for, and if I find something, where
can I go for information about how to fix it?

Thanks,
Shawn