[Gluster-users] Gluster EPEL _5_ packages not signed

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Sat Mar 8 19:01:53 UTC 2014

> Are you sure yum is barfing on the signature?

  error: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 signature: BAD, key ID 4ab22bb3

Dunno. You tell me. (But it sure looks like it's the signature to me.)

> Yum on EL5 will barf if your
> repo uses anything stronger than sha1 (sha) for checksums. The default is
> sha256 when using createrepo to build the metadata.

I've always used MD5 hashes to create the epel-5 repos, so...

> FWIW, I sign all of our internal EL5 packages and have no problem at all. If
> it's not the repo itself, perhaps it is key strength. I'd be happy to test
> an RPM on EL5 if you're willing to sign it. Perhaps an --addsign?

There's my mistake – all this time I've been signing them with a Sharpie felt
tip pen. ;-)

http://kkeithle.fedorapeople.org/for_grant/ has signed el5 RPMs. They don't
install for me on my CentOS 5.10 system, but you are welcome to try.

--

Kaleb