[Gluster-users] [noob]iops testing in the mounted glusterfolder, need a litt advice

Kim Holmebakken kim.holmebakken at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:45:30 UTC 2014

Hi,
Im trying to test the iops on the glusterfs folder from a client machine running ubuntu 13.10, and was wondering since this is a directory what is the best way to proceed with this ?
I made a small block device file within the mounted folder and tried to test the iops with fio to that location, however the returned iops measurements on 110 mb block device file was around 30ish, is my method of testing wrong and could be done in a better way or should i consider something else ?
Thanks in advance for any replies.