[Gluster-users] 'T' sticky bit set on some files after rebalance(Viktor Villafuerte)

scar fevergao at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:37:54 UTC 2014

Hi Viktor,
> after rebalance with distributed replicated volume setup I'm left with
> files with sticky bit set. I have currently 3 replicas and only two of
> them contain these files. They only appeared after second rebalance 2 ->
> 3 replicas. 1 -> 2 replicas rebalance finished with all files not having
> the sticky bit set
Actually, those sticky bit files are stale files.It happens when the dht
layout is changed.
Just like:
     brick0: file0
     brick1:file0(T)
do add-brick operation,the layout has changed,and file0's Hash locate on
brick0,a stale dht link file could exist on brick1.
     brick0:file0 (now hash)
     brick1:file0(T) stale
     brick2: ...
> Some of the other 'linkto' files do point to the correct location
> though.. I guess I should not delete those
If you haven't done any remove-brick operation,the link file will always
point to the correct location.So I think you can just delete those
files.If not,a stale dht link may cause rename operation fail.
Just like this:
brick0:file0(now hash)
brick1:file0(T),file1
we mv file1 file0,an error occur.