[Gluster-users] 3.3.0 -> 3.4.2 / Rolling upgrades with no downtime

João Pagaime joao.pagaime at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 09:43:33 UTC 2014

Hello all

anyone tried a  rolling upgrades with no downtime [1] from 3.3.0 to
3.4.2 or similar upgrade? any comments?

for testing purposes we've installed a 3.4.2 server and it won't peer,
giving the error "peer probe: failed: Peer X does not support required
op-version".

I guess this is expected behavior for a new entry on the cluster

What about changing the software on an existing peer of the cluster?
Will it also refuse to re-enter the cluster after the upgrade for the
same reason (peers not supporting the required op-version)?

After all servers and clients are upgraded, how to increase the
op-version of the global cluster?

best regards,
joão

[1]