[Gluster-users] 'T' sticky bit set on some files after rebalance

Viktor Villafuerte viktor.villafuerte at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 1 06:38:01 UTC 2014

Hi all,

after rebalance with distributed replicated volume setup I'm left with
files with sticky bit set. I have currently 3 replicas and only two of
them contain these files. They only appeared after second rebalance 2 ->
3 replicas. 1 -> 2 replicas rebalance finished with all files not having
the sticky bit set

1 x (1x1) => 2 x (1x1)
rebalance completed ok
no files with --------T set

2 x (1x1) => 3 x (1x1)
rebalance completed ok
replica 0 - 95 files with 'T'
replica 1 - 0 files with 'T'
replica 2 - 265 files with 'T'

eg

---------T 2 1000 1000       0 Feb 28 23:53
ThePinkPanther2_2009_23_HLS_layer4_1450000_89.ts

somehow I don't think this is expected. Rebalance does not change
anything and all shows as things are ok... but are they?

Anybody has any pointers for this?

--
Regards

Viktor Villafuerte