[Gluster-users] performance/writebehind behavior

Anand Avati avati at gluster.org
Mon Jul 28 17:57:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Richard van der Hoff <
richard at swiftserve.com> wrote:

> On 28/07/14 18:05, Anand Avati wrote:
>
>> Whether flush-behind is enabled or not, close() will guarantee all
>> previous write()s on that fd have been acknowledged by server.
>>

> Thanks Anand. So can you explain why the 'wc' in my example doesn't see
> all of the data written by the dd?

I'm wondering if it is because of attribute cache. Maybe attribute cache
(either in fuse or gluster, don't know yet) is not getting invalidated for
some reason. Try each of the following and check if any of them make the
test work right:

#1 mount glusterfs with --attribute-cache=0

#2 disable stat prefetch with : gluster volume set $name
performance.stat-prefetch off

That should help diagnose the problem further.

Thanks