[Gluster-users] Split brain on directory?

Alan Orth alan.orth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:09:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

I seem to have developed a split brain situation on a directory...  I
think.  The directory is a hierarchy that shouldn't exist, as it's
actually a hard link to the volume itself in the brick.  Here's what I'm
seeing:

- Brick mount point (XFS): /mnt/gfs/wingu1/sdb1
- Volume: /mnt/gfs/wingu1/sdb1/homes

The FUSE mount for this volume (/home" shows a directory hierarchy
similar to the brick mount point itself, but it's not actually
accessible or deletable etc:

# ls /home/mnt/gfs/wingu1/sdb1/homes
ls: cannot access /home/mnt/gfs/wingu1/sdb1/homes: No such file or directory

This volume is replica 2, and if I look on the corresponding bricks,
only one of them has this structure.  This seems to be causing the
self-heal daemon to go bonkers, develop a case of inception, and crash:

http://fpaste.org/121354/40654203/

Log truncated by quite a bit, as it's hundreds of lines of the same...

Is this split brain?  And would it be safe to just delete this erroneous
directory from the brick itself?

Gluster version is 3.5.1 on CentOS 6.5.

Thanks,

--
Alan Orth
alan.orth at gmail.com
http://alaninkenya.org
http://mjanja.co.ke
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how
to use my telephone." -Bjarne Stroustrup, inventor of C++
GPG public key ID: 0x8cb0d0acb5cd81ec209c6cdfbd1a0e09c2f836c0